Is your group seeking a service project or a service learning project to benefit a nonprofit organization in Story County? If so and you can't find what you want in the on-line listings, publicize your search using “Project Invitation,” a new service of the VCSC 1-800 web site.
Reach all of Story County via the VCSC web site, the weekly VCSC column in STORY TODAY (23,700 distribution), and the VCSC weekly column on Ames365.com.
As always, if you have questions or need assistance, contact the VCSC. We can even write a project invitation for you. We’re here to help!
To Create a Project Invitation
(If you have an organization account, log on and proceed as described below):
• Click “Access Your Account.”
• Create your account as an “Organization.”
• In “Mission Statement,” note intent to create a Project Invitation.
• Wait for e-mail approval from the VCSC for new accounts.
• Log on using your ID and password.
• Click “Create New Opportunity.” Title it “[Group name] Project Invitation.”
• Describe project interest (e.g. tutoring, landscaping), group membership and size, day(s) and time(s) available, additional details as needed, and contact information (leader name, phone, e-mail).
• E-mail notice will be sent for each online reply. To assure optimum response and benefits for all, post your project
Example Project Invitation
Conversely, if your group would like to respond to a volunteer opportunity listed on the VCSC web site: